Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick introduction

3 posters

Go down

Quick introduction Empty Quick introduction

Post  amandasaurus Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

Hey fellow DIYers. I found this on Woz's blog over on anything4free. Not particularly active there, but was a major forum contributor on joshclark.com before the DIY scene died out and that forum became quiet. Veteran freebie-er, started back in 2004 with an iPod on a referral site and was hooked ever since, but I've found DIY much more my style.[left]

amandasaurus

Back to top Go down

Quick introduction Empty Re: Quick introduction

Post  SkylinexBleedsxRed Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:01 am

Hi,
Welcome
SkylinexBleedsxRed
SkylinexBleedsxRed

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverik Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:34 pm

amandasaurus wrote: ...the DIY scene died out and that forum became quiet.

I think you have it backwards. Joshclark dotcom died, & the DIY freebie scene became quiet. I remember that forum being laden with religious types. For most vets, Josh Clark's blog was the turd in the punch bowl of the freebie community. (Sorry but that is the reality). But back on topic, what's on your radar later? Any new conquests?

Maverik

Back to top Go down

Post  amandasaurus Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Maverik wrote:

I think you have it backwards. Joshclark dotcom died, & the DIY freebie scene became quiet. I remember that forum being laden with religious types. For most vets, Josh Clark's blog was the turd in the punch bowl of the freebie community. (Sorry but that is the reality). But back on topic, what's on your radar later? Any new conquests?
Eh, I didn't read the blog. Wasn't my style, what with the whole super religious shtick. Only ever visited the forum. Josh completely stepped away from the forum years ago, and a group of us carried it on for a while.
I haven't had any conquests since back in December, when I got a nice iMac from Niutech. As that forum died out and life got busy, I stepped away from the scene for a while. The itch for new stuff got me looking again, and I remembered reading Woz's blogs from way back and tracked down this site. Looking for the right deal to get back in it. Signed up for a Consumer Gain site the other day but haven't had the opportunity to follow through yet.

amandasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverik Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm

amandasaurus wrote:
Maverik wrote:

Eh, I didn't read the blog. Wasn't my style, what with the whole super religious shtick. Only ever visited the forum. Josh completely stepped away from the forum years ago, and a group of us carried it on for a while.
I haven't had any conquests since back in December, when I got a nice iMac from Niutech. As that forum died out and life got busy, I stepped away from the scene for a while. The itch for new stuff got me looking again, and I remembered reading Woz's blogs from way back and tracked down this site. Looking for the right deal to get back in it. Signed up for a Consumer Gain site the other day but haven't had the opportunity to follow through yet.

If you're looking for a few then you should DM me or something. I just received a big one a few days ago from i-Deal (15" Macbook Pro). Referrals... The trick is to have genuine friends &/or trusting family.

Maverik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum